Whatcha doin? In February
Whatcha doin? That is what we are asking you and Megan, Jack, Jamarcus and Heather have a lot of suggestions!
Megan wants you to know that there is a super cool new exhibit at The Children’s Museum. It lets your child become an astronaut.
You can also enjoy a ball while raising money at the Heart Ball on February 16th at the Greenville Convention Center. The Upstate Heart Ball is the TOP Heart Ball in South Carolina. The Heart Ball seeks to exceed standards of funding & community participation on Saturday, February 16, 2019.Guests will enjoy over $200,000 in Silent & Live Auctions along with a seated dinner and live music to celebrate the culmination of a year-round campaign to raise critical funds. A special part of the evening is dedicated to honoring survivors with heart conditions and stroke. We are honored to have the families and friends of these special honorees attend the Heart Ball.
Jack is heading out to Monster Jam! Maybe secretly he drives one of the cars? It’s at the Bon Secours Wellness Center in Greenville 2/8-2/9.
Tyler Perry’s “Madea’s Farewell Play” Tour coming to Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium February 12 & 13. Get your tickets – 1-800-745-3000
2/16-2/17,Gun and Knife Show at the Greenville Convention Center
Jamarcus wants you to know that the Farmer’s Markets continue in the winter.
Check out Hub City Farmer’s Market at Ciclops Cyderi and Brewery
197 E. St. John Street. Spartanburg, SC 29306
Check it out!
- 9:00 – Opening Bell at Ciclops Cyderi & Brewery
- 9:00-12:00 Kids Activity with Hub City Kids
- 10:00-12:00 Brandy and Eric Lindsey on the Wades Community stage!
Lots of cool vendors:
- Coffee Lady 31: Herbal Body Butter, Moisturizing Body Scrubs, Winter Solace Product Line, Herbal Bath Teas, Herbal Soap and Bath Bombs, Moisturizing Face Wash and Face Cream, Natural Deodorant, Herbal Massage Oils and more
- Crescent Moon Farms: Goat milk cheese, kefir, fudge, truffles, soaps and hand made crafts.
- Great Harvest: Bread and other baked goods
- Harp and Shamrock Croft: eggs, salad mix, kale, arugula, red mustard, spinach, lettuce, tumeric, radishes and body butter
- Hen House Brunch: pastries and other baked goods
- Humble Roots: Pimento Cheese
- Jackson Farms II: A large selection of seasonal produce.
- Little River Coffee Bar: Fresh roasted coffee, iced coffee, whole bean and ground bulk coffee
- Mission Pens: Hand carved pens, pepper mills and other items
- Mountain Man Stan: Hand made wooden trays, cutting boards and jewelry boxes
- Nathan Goddard: pottery
- Oak Creek Naturals: Handcrafted body care made with raw honey, beeswax, pollen and bee products from local Spartanburg beekeeper. Artisan soaps, lotions, lip balms and other items.
- Old Paths Farm: Ground beef, sausage, ground pork, eggs
- Oreno Hellenic Ladi: Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Aetolian Region of Greece 3 sizes of bottles and 3 liter can.
- Produce 365 Microgreens: Microgreens
- Skyland Farms: Pasture raised lamb, pork, chicken and eggs
- Those Pickle Ladies: Texan Granny Pickles, Sizzlin Steer Pickles, Red Rooster Pickles, Pickles of the Dead Pickles,Those Pickle Ladies Cookbooks
- Tinketon: Soy candles and soothing soy cream
- Vdovichenko Bee Farm: honey and honey products
The Toasty Farmer–Brewery 85
Feb 2nd and 9th
This Saturday will be a Oyster Roast and Pulled BBQ at Brewery 85
All You Can Eat
Find them on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToastyFarmer
On Thursday, February 21, Euphoria, Greenville’s premier food, wine & music festival, will host “A Southern Remedy: Comfort Food, Booze & Tunes”, in partnership with TOWN, at Zen from 7pm until 10pm. The event will highlight newcomers to the Upstate’s culinary scene, including Bobby’s BBQ, Due South Coffee Roasters, El Thrifty, Foxcroft Wine Co., The Lost Cajun, Moe’s Original Bar B Que and Todaro Pizza. All-inclusive.
tickets are $50 and can be purchased online.
Heather is ready to hit the slopes at Beech Mountain while the snow lasts.
Lake Conestee Bird Watching
Tanner LOVES birds and Lake Conestee does bird watching tours EVERY Saturday of every month. It starts Feb 9th. Lake Conestee Nature Park is rated by many experienced birders as one of the best birding sites in the Upstate of South Carolina. It is featured as a South Carolina birding hot-spot on e-bird and on the Carolina Bird Club and Greenville County Bird Club websites.
To celebrate Valentines Day, we are going to eat at Southern Culture. Their Sunday Brunch has live music, bottomless mimosas and a great atmosphere! From Dixieland Poutine to Breakfast Bowls – you cannot beat this!