Top 7 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Mom should be honored everyday right? As we head closer to Mother’s day on Sunday May 12th we are digging into just what mom would want for Mother’s day and their are some cool gifts you can buy or make. From Traditional – to funky to items that honor your mom if she has passed, we have a great list to get your started.
1. TRADITIONAL – Flowers. Whether you are going to a local floral boutique or heading to the grocery store you an find some great flowers at a great price. We checked out Aldi and Lidl and if you have your own vase then you could grab some from here and be set. For a designer to arrange your flowers you are going to pay a bit more. If you are ordering flowers to be delivered make sure to get that order in ASAP as delivery prices go up and best to have them delivered the Friday BEFORE Mother’s day to get a better delivery rate.
2. TRADITIONAL – Makeup Kit. Places like Ulta have great Mother’s Day Themed makeup kits which put all your mom’s essential beauty products in one beautiful place.
3. TRADITIONAL – Monogrammed Anything. Here is the South it is important to monogram things. From tumblers to jackets and everything in between. Luckily in the Upstate we have a lot of shops that monogram.
4. UNIQUE – DNA Test. Learning more about your mom’s heritage can be helpful and bonding. 23 and Me offers a quick test that you send back in to get more information. It could prove helpful for you mom’s health to know her background and it could prompt a mother-child journey to see where her ancestry began.
23 and Me
5. UNIQUE – Free Picture with Mom at Cabela’s. Many locations of this sporting goods store are offering a free picture of you with your mom for Mother’s Day. May 11th from 12-5 and May 12th from 12-4. Sunday May 12th the first 75 to get a free photo will also receive a free plaid tote for mom, shopping done! Make sure to check their website to see if your location is participating.
6. HONORING – Donation in your mom’s name. Their are a lot of groups you can donate to where the money goes to helping women and their children get on their feet. A donation can be made in your mom’s name and the money will go directly to empower women, what a powerful thing to do.
Women for Women
7. HONORING – Brick at places like Cancer Survivor’s Park. Many of us who have lost are moms find Mother’s Day to be tough and it can be theraputic to find a way to honor her. Places like the Cancer Survivor’s Park in Greenville offer you a chance to purchase a plaque with your mom’s name for a free. The plaque is displayed in the beautiful park and can be a way to honor her memory.
Cancer Survivor’s Park