It was built in 1908 by Piedmont Manufacturing Co. as a home for single women working in the mill. Almost 115 years later, the former Piedmont YWCA is set to house the artifacts of everyday life in the mill village as the new home of Piedmont History Museum.
Tagged: Dr. Anne Peden
Spring Park Inn, as it was known from the 1850s until 1941, is being restored by the Travelers Rest Historical Society and will become a museum and educational space.
“Highway 25 in the Carolinas” tells the history of an Upstate road recently added to the National Register
Dr. Anne Peden’s love of a good road and her passion for sharing the history of the highway she’s lived on all her life led to the new book, “Highway 25 in the Carolinas,” and the National Register of Historic Places.
The National Historic Landmark plaque on display in the Piedmont Community Building declares the historic...