Taco Salad Dip
This recipe was submitted by Allison Addis of Abbeville, SC, in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
2 lb ground hamburger
1 package Taco Seasoning
8 oz French Onion dip
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
Diced fresh tomatoes
8 oz shredded cheese
1 cup finely chopped onion
- Mix the hamburger meat and the taco mix according to package directions and set aside
- Mix the onion dip and cream cheese together and spread in a 9”x13” casserole dish
- Place a layer of each of the following atop the cream cheese layer: taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cheese
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour
- Serve with Frito Lays “Big Scoops” or with taco shells
A note from Allison: I am a diabetic, pre-transplant heart patient. This can easily be adapted by using low fat onion dip and cream cheese and using no sodium “Mrs. Dash” taco seasoning. This can be served as a dip with the chips, family style with taco shells or as a salad.
View more appetizers from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.