Swamp Rabbit Trail, Café and Grocery and Trails with Kids
Swamp Rabbit Trail, Café and Grocery
Looking for something to do with kids? Do the SWAMP RABBIT trail even without bikes! You can walk the trail OR rent bikes – check it out! Just be mindful of bikes passing you and it is a good little walk for younger kids – of course we ended up eating at the Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery – the smoothies and bread were my kid’s favs. There is a little playground for little kids – a couple bunnies of course and space to sit outside.
A little more on the Swamp Rabbit Café and Grocery:
Our mission is to buy, sell, and cook with fresh, local food to support a sustainable food system and provide a community space where people come together to celebrate meals.
Our once abandoned building along the Swamp Rabbit Trail is now a thriving food community where you can find:
- a GROCERY STORE specializing in local and regional goods with the best selection of farm fresh produce, meat and dairy;
- a CAFE with sustainably sourced craft coffee and espresso and sandwiches on our made daily stecca bread;
- an artisan BAKERY with scratch made pastries with wholesome ingredients;
- a wood fired artisan PIZZA RESTAURANT and craft local beer;
- COOKING CLASSES featuring seasonal and cultural cooking techniques;
- a whole animal BUTCHERY sourcing ethically raised, processed and prepared meat;
- a community GATHERING PLACE for fun events; and
- a FOOD HUB for distributing wholesale produce and meat across the region in order to further support our farmers and increase local food availability in restaurants, stores, and institutions.
A little more on the Swamp Rabbit Trail:
Swamp Rabbit Trail is a 15.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Greenville, South Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.