Southern Pound Cake
This recipe was submitted by Cathy Freeman of Union, SC in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
2 & 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Crisco
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
1 tbs vanilla or almond flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour tube pan
- Combine Crisco and sugar and mix with mixer
- Add eggs mixing after each egg.
- Alternate adding flours and milk
- Mix well after each addition
- Add vanilla, mix and pour into pan
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees or until brown on top
View more dessert recipes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.