Sous Vide Smoked Chicken
This recipe was submitted by Trish Lattin of Greer, SC in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles. It takes a little time, according to Trish, but it’s the most juicy and flavorful chicken you’ll try.
3 lb chicken legs and thighs
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1.5 tablespoon each of smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, Himalayan sea salt
Dash of cayenne
- Pat dry chicken pieces.
- Mix together EVOO and spices and rub on chicken.
- Separate into 3 portions of chicken and put each portion in one gallon Ziplock bag (3 bags chicken total).
- Place each bag of chicken into your sous vide at 167° temperature.
- Cook 1.5 hours.
- Prepare coals to medium temperature.
- Smoke chicken for 30 minutes with desired wood choice and coals, being careful to keep chicken off direct heat.
- Then crisp chicken over direct heat for last 5 minutes.
- Enjoy juicy smoked chicken!
View more main dish recipes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.