Simpsonville Area Chamber of Commerce takes steps to help local businesses
The Simpsonville Area Chamber of Commerce has taken steps to support local businesses now and as they begin planning for recovery:
- A COVID-19 Resource Page has been added the Chamber website, updating it daily. This page includes the latest information on federal and state legislation, employer/employee rights and resources, city and county announcements, health & safety guidelines for businesses, tax relief and loan options.
- Membership renewal deadlines for members with January and April renewal due dates have been deferred. January due dates have been extended to April 30 and April due dates have been extended to May 31. Letters were sent to these members last week. The situation will be monitored to evaluate the need for additional deferments.
- The 110% Giving Campaign funds on renewal invoices will be used to create a community fund. These funds will be used to help local businesses sustain operations and recover. More details will be forthcoming on applying for these funds.
- Local businesses that remain open are being highlighted during this time and are stepping up to meet the needs of customers and the community. Check out our Simpsonville Strong list, as well as recent Facebook posts on the Simpsonville Chamber’s Facebook page.
- The Chamber is actively working to increase its virtual offerings (virtual programming, networking, and more).
- The Simpsonville Chamber office is still open and operating regular hours in order to serve its members and the community.