Share a tasty, economical recipe in the Carolina Eats Makin’ Meals Under $20 Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles
Do you have a tasty, economical recipe to share? Enter it in the Carolina Eats Makin’ Meals Under $20 Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
Four finalists will be selected at random among those entering the sweepstakes by the March 15 deadline. There is no cost to enter and each finalist will receive a $250 Ingles gift card and the opportunity to win an LG microwave from Bob Burnett’s Appliance & Bedding Center in Spartanburg. Go here to submit your recipe.
Finalists also will prepare their recipe alongside Ingles Chef Jasmin Queen and Your Carolina’s Jamarcus Gaston in a recorded segment to air on Your Carolina.
“I always look forward to the Livin’ Upstate Carolina Eats contest,” Chef Jasmin said. “There is never a shortage of great and interesting recipes that get me thinking outside the box, like the apple pizza that was a finalist last year. Even more than the recipes I enjoy getting to meet the many wonderful people behind them. Filming with the contestants is one of the highlights of my day.”
For those who need suggestions on meal prep on a budget, here are some pro tips from Chef Jasmin:
- Expand your shopping list. In other words, buy ingredients that make your dollar go further such as pasta and couscous.
- Buy an entire chicken, rather than just the thighs or breasts, and stretch it across three meals.
- Keep it simple. Rather than buying a ton of different ingredients, find ways to get creative with a few staples. Mix and match what you’re working with so you’re not stuck eating the same thing over and over.
- Before you head out to shop, make a list of exactly what you need and stick to it.
- Keep an eye on seasonal items and certain sales. Although stocking up may initially cost more, you can enjoy some major cost reductions by shopping smart.
- Shopping in larger increments — like an entire month — can also be a great way to save time and money. Just make sure you don’t buy perishable items a month at a time.
Submit your recipe for the Carolina Eats Makin’ Meals Under $20 Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles. The deadline to enter is Monday, March 15, at 5 p.m.