SC Peach Festival coming this weekend to Gaffney
The South Carolina Peach Festival, the Upstate’s annual salute to the peach industry, will be held this weekend in Gaffney featuring carnivals, concerts, dessert contests and a lot more.
It’s well documented that while Georgia is The Peach State, South Carolina produces more peaches every year, with many of them grown right here in the Upstate. The Palmetto State presently ranks as the No. 2 peach-producing state in the country behind California. For the record, Georgia ranks fourth. New Jersey is third.
Make plans to join the annual celebration of this sweet, fuzzy stone fruit that Southern cooks use to make everything from peach lemonade and iced tea to pies and cobblers.
Schedule of Events:
Thursday, July 15
- 7 pm – New Talent Night at Limestone College Fullerton Auditorium
Friday, July 16
- 4 pm – Abbott Farms Dessert Contest at Gaffney Visitor Center
- 5 – 10 pm – Kickoff Party at Jolly Park featuring live music, a carnival and food vendors. Coming Up Brass will perform at 7:30 pm and The Tams at 9 pm.
Saturday, July 17
- 7:30 am – 5K and 10K at Limestone College
- 9 am – 1-mile Fun Run at Limestone College
- 9 am – Arts and Crafts, Jolly Park
- 10 am – SC Peach Festival Parade in Blacksburg
- 12:30 pm – Live music on Community Stage in Jolly Park featuring Tres Gringos, Chris Garlock, The Craig Henry Band and Caleb Kennedy
- 1 pm – SC Peach Festival Parade in Gaffney
- 2 pm – Peach Festival Pageant at Limestone College
- 4 pm – Wrestling in County Administration Building Parking Lot
- 4:30 pm – Car Show in County Administration Building Parking Lot
- 7:30 pm – Concerts in Jolly Park featuring Rock and Roll Reunion, The Urban Country Crew and Dirty Grass Soul
Sunday, July 18
- 6 pm – Community Praise and Worship in Jolly Park
Follow @SCPeachFestival on Facebook for event updates.