This recipe was submitted by Kim Garrison of Taylors, SC, a finalist in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
2 lbs. boneless chicken breast or tenders
2 bell peppers (one red, one green)
1 large sweet onion
1 ripe tomato
1 pack of Fajita Mix
Toppings for fajitas: lettuce, tomato, raw onions, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, cheese, variety of shells and chips
- Heat olive oil in a pan on gas grill on medium heat.
- Cook the chicken in the pan until done (no pink inside).
- Remove the chicken and add more olive oil to coat the pan. Put the sliced peppers and onion in the pan. Cook until tender. Place the chicken back in the pan with the veggies and sprinkle the fajita mix over the chicken and vegetables.
- Add a few slices of tomatoes for color and flavor.
- Once everything is heated through remove from heat. Place mixture in soft shell, hard shell, or eat on top of lettuce and tomatoes as a salad.
- Add the toppings you like: cheese, salsa, black beans, jalapeno pepper or sour cream.
View more recipes for main dishes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.