Local news for Upstate SC, Western NC and NE Georgia.
Local News from 7News WSPA
- Spartanburg County council members and public works face land owners against RV Park August 5, 2021THE FIGHT TO KEEP RV'S FROM ROLLING DOWN TWO LANE ROADS IN CAMPOBELLO IS FAR FROM OVER.
- Greenville County School District addresses frequently asked questions ahead of 2021-2022 school year August 5, 2021The Greenville County School District is working to get ready for the school year ahead and officials want to make sure parents are up to date on all of the guidelines when it comes to COVID-19.
- Frozen honey: New TikTok trend will likely result in 'a lot of diarrhea,' gastroenterologist says August 5, 2021A new trend on TikTok is encouraging adventurous eaters to chew down gobs of frozen honey, but experts warn that the sweeter-than-sweet treat will result in more than just a tummy ache.
- Suspect wanted after road rage crash in Spartanburg Co. August 5, 2021Deputies are looking for a man they said caused a girl to crash during a road rage incident Sunday in Spartanburg County.
- Spartanburg Co. residents say driveways 'washed out' days after business took thousands of dollars for work August 5, 2021A group of Spartanburg County neighbors told 7 News, they're out thousands of dollars. They believe they've been scammed by the man they hired to work on their driveways. The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Department is investigating.
- 10 migrants killed, 20 seriously injured after van rolls over in South Texas August 5, 2021McALLEN, Texas — A van carrying 25 migrants overturned killing at least 10 south of a busy U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint Wednesday afternoon in Brooks County, Texas, officials have confirmed to Border Report.
- California spending billions to house homeless in hotels August 5, 2021When homeless outreach workers first visited her encampment under a Los Angeles highway overpass last fall, Veronica Perez was skeptical of their offer of not just a bed, but a furnished apartment complete with meals, counseling and the promise of some stability in her life.
- Oconee Co. Sheriff's Office launches "The Deputy Podcast" to spark community engage August 5, 2021Oconee County, SC (WSPA)--The Oconee County Sheriff's Office has launched its first-ever podcast, as a new way to engage with you at home. The online radio show is called, "The Deputy--The Official Podcast of the Oconee County Sheriff's Office, S.C. Deputies said the show is a way to continue outreach efforts with people in the […]
- Report: Defense secretary plans to require COVID-19 vaccine for all U.S. troops August 4, 2021WASHINGTON (WBTW) -- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin plans to require the COVID-19 vaccine for all U.S. troops, according to a report from CBS News. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that the U.S. could see more than two million cases over the next month, fueled by the Delta variant, which now accounts for […]
- Advocates share resources as homeless population grows in Spartanburg August 4, 2021The homeless population in Spartanburg is on the rise, but several community members are working hard to change that.
- US plans to require COVID-19 shots for foreign travelers August 4, 2021The Biden administration is taking the first steps toward requiring nearly all foreign visitors to the U.S. to be vaccinated for the coronavirus, a White House official said Wednesday.
- New law in S.C. pushes slow drivers to the right lane August 4, 2021GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA)- Slow drivers will now have to move over or face a ticket. A new law in South Carolina starting August 15 allows police to give you a ticket if you're driving too slow in the left lane on the interstate. Adam Laws drives the interstate everyday. He says, there's nothing worse than […]
- Businesses speak out, close drop boxes after ‘Mouse trap mail thief’ steals rent payments August 4, 2021SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) - Police are searching for a man who they said used sticky tape mouse traps to steal thousands of dollars in checks, money orders and cash from drop boxes. According to the Spartanburg Police Department, the drop boxes were located at the Timber Creek Apartments, Roland Management on Marion Avenue and Chase Furnas […]
- SC's vaccination rate increases as COVID cases continue to surge August 4, 2021As the numbers of COVID-19 cases continues to climb, state health officials said there has been a slight uptick in daily COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Suspect in custody after woman injured in July shooting in Greenville Co. August 4, 2021Deputies have charged a woman in connection with a shooting last week at a home in Greenville County.
- Greenville municipal court to remain closed August 4, 2021Greenville Municipal Court has been closed for the past week due to a water and sewage issue. It’s set to remain closed for at least the rest of the week.
- 1 dead following crash on I-85 in Cherokee Co. August 4, 2021South Carolina Highway Patrol said one person died following a crash on Interstate 85 in Cherokee County Sunday.
- Man shot during robbery at Oconee Co. home August 4, 2021An Oconee County man was airlifted to the hospital after he was shot Tuesday night during a robbery at his home.
- Disney employees among those arrested in child predator sting, Florida sheriff says August 4, 2021Seventeen people from across central Florida have been charged "Operation Child Protector," a six-day undercover investigation into child predators held by multiple agencies.
- U.S. Customs intercepts shipment of ancient artifacts on way to South Carolina August 4, 2021U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized a shipment that contained 13 pieces of 10th-century artifacts while in transport to South Carolina.