Local news for Upstate SC, Western NC and NE Georgia.
Local News from 7News WSPA
- Thousands fill Spartanburg's downtown for A Dickens of a Christmas December 7, 2022Many were able to experience Christmas in the middle of Spartanburg's Morgan Square on Tuesday night.
- Five takeaways from the Georgia Senate runoff December 7, 2022Sen. Raphael Warnock’s (D) victory over Republican Herschel Walker in Georgia’s Senate runoff Tuesday night wrapped up the 2022 midterm election season and set the stage for the 2024 presidential election. The Democrat's victory also gives his party more leverage with their majority in the Senate and signifies yet another midterm loss for a candidate […]
- Laurens Police warn about porch pirates amid holiday season December 7, 2022The Laurens Police Department is warning about porch pirates as the holidays approach.
- 1 dead after shooting in Greer December 7, 2022One person died in a shooting Tuesday night in Greer.
- Baker Mayfield claimed by Los Angeles Rams December 7, 2022Baker Mayfield, who asked for a release on Monday, was claimed by the defending Super Bowl champions who are struggling at the signal-caller position with starter Matthew Stafford on injured reserve with a neck injury.
- Student loan forgiveness: Millions mistakenly told their debt relief was approved December 7, 2022A corrected email will soon be sent out to millions of student loan borrowers after they received an email with the wrong subject line telling them their student debt relief had been approved.
- Mills Lane, Hall of Fame boxing referee, dies at 85 December 7, 2022Mills Lane, the Hall of Fame boxing referee who was the third man in the ring when Mike Tyson bit Evander Holyfield’s ear, died Tuesday. He was 85.
- Sean Kingston to headline at Upstate music venue December 7, 2022Sean Kingston will be in Greenville to perform at The Foundry at Judson Mill, according to the venue.
- Greenville library board relocating parenting books away from children's area December 7, 2022The Greenville County library system board of trustees voted on Monday to relocate sections of books that deal with parenting and early childhood farther away from the children and juvenile areas of library branches.
- SC economists say we're likely headed toward mild recession in 2023 December 7, 2022Economists with the University of South Carolina say a "mild" recession is likely in 2023, but South Carolina could fare better than the rest of the country.
- Democratic Sen. Warnock defeats Walker in Georgia runoff December 7, 2022Democrat Raphael Warnock has won reelection to the U.S. Senate.
- Bill restricting big cat ownership made famous by ‘Tiger King’ heads to Biden’s desk December 7, 2022The Big Cat Public Safety Act, a bill to restrict private ownership of big cats like tigers that was made famous by the “Tiger King” Netflix series, passed by unanimous consent in the Senate and will head to President Biden’s desk. Biden is expected to sign the bill, having released a statement of support for […]
- Gabby Petito's parents file motion to add Laundrie attorney as defendant in lawsuit December 7, 2022Petito's parents claim that the Laundries and their family attorney knew that Gabby Petito was already dead when they issued a statement in Sept. 14, 2021 expressing hope that she would be found.
- Spartanburg School District 3 names a new superintendent December 7, 2022Spartanburg School District 3's board of trustees has chosen a new superintendent for the district.
- Amazon offers $2 a month to see what ads you see December 6, 2022It's part of Amazon's Shopper Panel program.
- Man who disappeared near shredding machine ruled legally dead December 6, 2022The family of a local man who was last seen near a shredding machine at a recycling plant in Greer received some closure today after a judge ruled that the missing worker is legally dead.
- Stay at Hobbiton: 'Lord of the Rings' set goes up on Airbnb December 6, 2022Want to go to the Shire?
- Governor suspends Pickens city council member after arrest December 6, 2022A Pickens city council member has been suspended from office by South Carolina's governor following his arrest and indictment.
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme December 6, 2022Donald Trump’s company was convicted of tax fraud on Tuesday in a case brought by the Manhattan District Attorney, a significant repudiation of financial practices at the former president’s business.
- Man arrested after egg allegedly thrown at King Charles III December 6, 2022A man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of assault after an egg was allegedly hurled towards King Charles III during a visit to a town center, police said.