Local news for Upstate SC, Western NC and NE Georgia.
Local News from 7News WSPA
- Chipotle agrees to pay after closing store that sought union March 27, 2023Chipotle Mexican Grill has agreed to pay $240,000 to former employees as part of a settlement stemming from a complaint that the company violated federal law by closing a restaurant where workers wanted to unionize.
- Watch: Bears take a stroll through north Asheville neighborhood March 27, 2023A family of black bears was spotted roaming along West Black Oak Drive Monday morning.
- Wisconsin school bans Miley, Dolly duet from class concert March 27, 2023Administrators at a Wisconsin elementary school stopped a first-grade class from performing a Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton duet promoting LGBTQ acceptance because the song "could be perceived as controversial."
- They’re on a mission — to play pickleball in all 50 states March 27, 2023The joy of whacking a green plastic orb first struck Richard and Mary Jo Panettieri in 2017, before the nationwide pickleball mania started spreading faster than spilled paint.
- Search warrant leads to arrest after deputies find large amount of methamphetamine March 27, 2023Deputies with the Greenwood County Sheriff's Office said that a man was arrested after a significant amount of drugs were discovered.
- Fire damages complex housing Wright Brothers plane factory March 27, 2023An early morning fire damaged a commercial building complex housing a former airplane factory founded by the Wright Brothers in Ohio on Sunday, authorities said.
- Prosecutors, law enforcement push for judicial reform in SC March 27, 2023South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson was joined by a bipartisan group of 18 sheriffs and 10 solicitors Monday morning calling for judicial reform in the state.
- Nashville shooting marks 13th US school shooting in 2023 March 27, 2023A deadly shooting at a small private Christian school in Nashville Monday morning marks the 13th school shooting in the United States so far in 2023.
- Woman charged with being a fugitive from justice in Oconee Co. March 27, 2023OCONEE COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) - The Oconee County Sheriff's Office said that they arrested a woman from Spartanburg County on Saturday morning. Deputies responded to a call for service involving a disturbance on Echo Hill Trail, near Seneca. Upon arrival, deputies began an investigation into a reported assault. A check of the woman's information revealed […]
- Taron Egerton slots Tetris story into place in new biopic March 27, 2023The origin story of the iconic computer game “Tetris” is more thrilling than you may think. It involves border crossing, authority dodging, underhand deals, putting your house on the line and — finally — trying to secure the rights for the game from behind the Iron Curtain. And now it's a film.
- AFD: Crews respond to gas leak in Asheville March 27, 2023The Ashville Fire Department is investigating a gas leak that happened on Monday morning.
- Upstate man arrested on child sexual abuse charges March 27, 2023An Easley man was arrested on charges connected to the sexual exploitation of minors.
- Supreme Court rejects case of Oklahoma teen killed by police March 27, 2023The Supreme Court won't hear a civil rights case brought by the parents of a teenager who was naked and unarmed when he was fatally shot by an Oklahoma police officer in 2019.
- Biden: Nashville school shooting ‘a family’s worst nightmare’ March 27, 2023President Biden on Monday called the latest school shooting, which left at least three children dead in Nashville, “sick” and lamented that such a tragedy was “a family’s worst nightmare.”
- Kansas high court signals continued abortion rights support March 27, 2023Kansas’ highest court signaled Monday that it still considers access to abortion a “fundamental” right under the state constitution, as an attorney for the state argued that a decisive statewide vote last year affirming abortion rights “doesn't matter."
- Woman arrested on felony possession charge in McDowell Co. March 27, 2023The McDowell County Sheriff's Office said that they arrested a woman after performing a property check at a gas station.
- No atmosphere found at faraway Earth-sized world, study says March 27, 2023The Webb Space Telescope has found no evidence of an atmosphere at one of the seven rocky, Earth-sized planets orbiting another star.
- Twitter celebs balk at paying Elon Musk for blue check mark March 27, 2023William Shatner, Monica Lewinsky and other prolific Twitter commentators — some household names, others little-known journalists — could soon be losing the blue check marks that helped verify their identity on the social media platform.
- Why does Russia want tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus? March 27, 2023The announcement by Russian President Vladimir Putin that he intends to deploy tactical nuclear weapons on the territory of Belarus appears to be another attempt to raise the stakes in the conflict in Ukraine.
- Gluten-free Reese's Pieces Brownie Brittle recalled over undeclared wheat March 27, 2023Snacks marketed as gluten-free are being recalled because they may contain wheat.