Landmark Challenge – Day Two
Farmers Society Hall – Pendleton, SC
Begun in 1826 and completed in 1828, Farmers Society Hall in Pendleton, SC is a two-story Greek Revival building on Exchange Street that served as the centerpiece of downtown. The first floor was originally used by the U.S. Postal Service and has since been converted into a popular restaurant called 1826 on the Green. Area farmers still use the second floor for events, making this building the nation’s oldest farmers meeting hall in continuous use.