Football Fever! Panthers Take Over Spartanburg
Do you have football fever? Or maybe you want to see some really big dudes up close and personal in 94 degrees. Then you need to be at Wofford Thursday afternoon. I’ve covered this special day in the past and even our non football fan co-workers (yes those exist) had a blast.
Here’s how it works.
It’s all free!!!
You show up to Gibbs Stadium at 4:00 on Thursday afternoon. It’ll run until 6:30 and then the players get serious and get ready for their first practice.
It’s a great way to see some of your favorite players up close and personal and since it’s not in the heart of the season they will have a little more fun on the field.
Here are some tips from being at this in the past:
- It’s hot! Dress accordingly.
- Wearing Panther gear is always a great way to get noticed by players. They have tons for sale, including jerseys for kids and adults.
- Bring a sharpie and anything you want signed. (While I don’t recommend it I have seen them sign babies and body parts. But I prefer to have a signature on something that will last a little longer.)
- Study the roster so when you see a player you can call them by their name. (Know who you are talking too)
- Plan for a crowd. There are a ton of people but it’s a big space and lots of room to move around.
- If you don’t make it to Spartanburg a lot this is a great time to rediscover it. A lot of the local restaurants get behind the Panthers and will do a lot of specials and fun deals at their business to get everyone in the mood for football and fun.
- Before you go check out this link to the Panthers Training Camp so you have a full rundown of events and it provides a map so you know exactly where to park. If you go share some pics with us over on our livingupstate facebook page.