Explore Valentine’s Day adventures in the Upstate
The following content is provided by Upcountry South Carolina.
Valentine’s Day is the holiday where you get to splurge on your loved one. A romantic trip is just what is called for and the Upcountry is the perfect location. First, let’s talk about where to eat.
Valentine’s Dinner in the Mountains
On February 13, be at Chattooga Belle Farm where the views of the Blue Ridge are amazing. For dinner you’ll find appetizers, salad, a main course of Beef Wellington with roasted asparagus and honey roasted carrot puree or almond Parmesan crusted Sockeye Salmon filet with wild rice, and desert is a raspberry chocolate mousse. Starting at $55 per person. Make reservations here.
In Spartanburg, head to the Spartanburg Marriott, where Sparks: Fire Inspired Grille has prepared a special menu with entrees including Petit Filet with roasted wild mushrooms or shallot poached Salmon Vin Blanc or grass-fed roasted airline Chicken with Parmesan cream sauce along with salads and desserts for $45 per person. Make reservations here.
Grits & Groceries in Belton has prepared this Valentine’s Dinner for February 12 and 13:
- Parisi Farm Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans
- Smoked Trout Salad with Pickled New Orleans Mirliton Pickles
- Beef Tenderloin or Roasted Chicken with smashed potatoes and grilled asparagus
- White Chocolate Red Velvet Cake
Due to Covid restrictions, tables cannot be shared. Grits and Groceries asks that patrons fill their tables, with most tables seating four and a few, six. $45 per person. Call 864-296-3316 or email Heidi@gritsandgroceries.com to reserve your seats.
Table 301 in Greenville has two options for you.
- Gourmet Dinner for Two To Go. Don’t want to go out for dinner on Valentine’s Day? Plan an intimate dinner for two at home with Table 301 Catering’s Gourmet Valentine’s Day Dinner Basket. Each basket comes filled with a meal for two, fully cooked, ready to warm and serve at home. The basket is $135 (includes a bottle of sparkling wine). Order here.
- Valentine’s Date Night Virtual Cooking Class with Chef Rodney. Ignite your passion for cooking while doing it with someone you love! Inspired by love and culinary passion, this class is the perfect place to learn something new in the comfort of your own kitchen. During this cooking class you and your date will prepare a full meal designed to serve two people including soup, entree, side dishes and dessert – all for $70. For this class, you’ll cook the Steak Au Poivre and sides alongside Chef Rodney. The She-Crab Soup will be prepared and ready to heat and eat and the Molten Chocolate Cakes will be ready to assemble and enjoy! Book your class here.
For those looking for a romantic getaway for Valentine’s Day, try these Upstate spots:
The folks at Laurel Mountain Inn tell us that Valentine’s month begins February 1 and they are celebrating all month long. Follow the Red Hearts to the Laurel Mountain Inn, privately located on seven acres across from Table Rock State Park. For special treats, request the complimentary Sweetheart Package. For reservations visit laurelmountaininn.com or call 864-878-8500.
The Spartanburg Marriott is offering a Romance Package each weekend in February. On Valentine’s Day weekend, buy 2 nights and stay the third night free. Get details here.
The Red Horse Inn is located in Landrum and offers several packages to impress your loved one. The Sweetheart Package: arrive to the sweet smell of one dozen roses, chilled champagne, and chocolate-covered strawberries. This package can be added to any accommodation, whether an Inn room or cottage. Anniversary Romantic Getaways Package includes Rose petals on the bed, our DVD copy of several Nicolas Sparks movies (The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, A Walk to Remember), a bottle of chilled champagne and the room glowing with candlelight (LED Votives). Learn more about packages and specials.
For more information on adventures and getaways in the Upstate, visit upcountrysc.com.