Enter the Carolina Eats Makin’ Meals Under $20 Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles
The first Carolina Eats sweepstakes of 2021 in underway with the Carolina Eats Makin’ Meals Under $20 Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
If you’ve got a main dish that’s tasty and inexpensive, submit it for your chance to win a $250 Ingles gift card and an LG microwave from Bob Burnett’s Appliance & Bedding Center. Four finalists will be drawn at random, with the opportunity to appear on WSPA’s Your Carolina morning show preparing their recipes alongside Your Carolina co-host Jamarcus Gaston and Ingles Chef Jasmin Queen.
Each finalist will receive a $250 Ingles gift card and the opportunity to win the grand prize in a random drawing.
If need some pro tips for meal prep on a budget, check out these suggestions from Chef Jasmin:
- Expand your shopping list. In other words, buy ingredients that make your dollar go further such as pasta and couscous.
- Buy an entire chicken, rather than just the thighs or breasts, and stretch it across three meals.
- Keep it simple. Rather than buying a ton of different ingredients, find ways to get creative with a few staples. Mix and match what you’re working with so you’re not stuck eating the same thing over and over.
- Before you head out to shop, make a list of exactly what you need and stick to it.
- Keep an eye on seasonal items and certain sales. Although stocking up may initially cost more, you can enjoy some major cost reductions by shopping smart.
- Shopping in larger increments — like an entire month — can also be a great way to save time and money. Just make sure you don’t buy perishable items a month at a time.
Go here to submit your recipe in the Carolina Eats Makin’ Meals Under $20 Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles. The deadline to enter is Monday, March 15, at 5 p.m.