Duvall’s Ham and Cheese Delights
This recipe was submitted by Mark Duvall of Greenville, SC in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
12 slider rolls, split
12 slices ham
6 slices provolone cheese, halved
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, place each slider roll bottom half.
- Top with a slice of ham, half a slice of provolone, and the top half of the roll.
- Push the sandwiches close together in the center of the baking sheet so that the sides are touching.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove top.
- With a fork, whisk in the honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and poppy seeds until thoroughly incorporated.
- Drizzle the butter-honey mixture evenly over the sandwiches.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the topping begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
View more appetizer recipes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.