Cynthia Loves her Stepmom’s Sweet Potato Casserole
Cynthia describes her Stepmom’s sweet potato casserole as delicious with marshmallows on top!
- 7 cups mashed cooked sweet potato (about 4 pounds)
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together sweet potato, brown sugar, eggs, cream, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Spoon into an 11×7-inch baking dish.
- Bake until just set, 45 to 55 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans; bake until top is lightly browned, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.