Top 7 Coolest Things to do with Kids in February
It is raining, it is sunny, it is cold and it is freezing. South Carolina weather changes hourly and we have been known to have ice and snow in February and unusually warm temps too so our crew wanted to give you a quick go-to list of 7 things you can do with kids this month.
1. GET THEIR BRAIN GOING at STEM Fest at Roper Mountain Science Center. This event is February 9, 2019 at RMSC and will last from 9 am – 3 pm. There will be STEM based activities as well as access to the living history farm, natural playground, and planetarium. 2019 prices are $8/adults and teens and $7/children (ages 4-12). Children 3 and under, RMSC members, and GCSD employees with a pass can all attend for free. Be sure to either bring cash or purchase your tickets ahead of time online.
2. GET THEIR CREATIVITY FLOWING at Plate 108. Kids will make heart shaped pizza at this class for kids ages 5-8 on February 11, 2019 from 4:30 – 6 pm.
3. GET A BREAK at The Children’s Museum of the Upstate. TCMU is hosting Parent’s Night Out on February 8, 2019 from 5:30 – 9:30 pm! Children will eat dinner at the museum and enjoy time to play and activities. Members: $25 1st child/$15 siblings. Non-members: $30 1st child/$20 siblings. Must register in advance!
4. GET CRAFTY at the Home Depot. The store is offering a free children’s workshop each first Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm. On Saturday, February 2nd your child can make a heart candy box.
5. GET ON THE WATER at the Cardboard Regatta. This event happens on February 23rd from 2 – 5 pm at the Westside Aquatic Center in Greenville. Register as a team to build a boat and then compete for a number of prize categories. Family entry fee is just $15.
6. GET COOKING at Cookies and Coloring. Enjoy creating and eating on February 7, 2019 at 3:30 pm at Anderson Road Library.
7. GET DANCING at the Daddy Daughter Dance. The dance is Friday evening, February 8, 2019 at the Cleveland Park Event Center. The evening will include a seated dinner and a night of dancing as our DJ spins your favorite dancing tunes. Tickets are $25 per person, which includes dinner, dancing, and a souvenir photo. (Ages five and up.)