Carolina Eats – Winter Me Italy Soup
Chef Nagee Nesbitt shared this “Winter Me Italy” recipe with us for our Carolina Eats Sensational Soups contest.
1lb ground beef
1 large sweet onion
1 can of stewed tomatoes
2 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 bottle Prego Chunky Garden sauce
1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash garlic blend
garlic bread of your choice
mozzarella cheese for topping
- Brown one pound of ground beef
- Add one large sweet onion minced to the pan, one can of stewed tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of garlic, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Add one bottle of Prego Chunky Garden combo.
- Next add a teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes, one teaspoon of Italian seasoning, one tablespoon of sugar, and one tablespoon of Mrs. Dash garlic blend.
- Let it simmer on low heat for an hour.
- Add broken lasagna noodles in the pot and let it simmer for 30 minutes on low.
- Take garlic bread and cut it into bite size pieces.
- Put them on a sheet pan into an oven on broil until golden brown.
- Bowl up your soup.
- Top the soup with garlic bread croutons and mozzarella cheese.