Carolina Eats – Old Fashion Easy Apple Crisp
Norma Barrera shared her Old Fashion Easy Apple Crisp recipe with us for our Carolina Eats Apple Recipes contest.
6 golden delicious apples, peeled and chopped ( can use other apples if desired)
2 tbsp. of granulated sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
Pinch of kosher salt
vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 8X8 baking dish, or you can use non stick cooking spray, and set aside dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped apples, sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients – brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp of cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter.
- Use a fork to cut butter into the oat mixture. Should be like a pea sized crumb mixture.
- Spread topping mixture over apples in baking dish and gently smooth out.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!