Carolina Eats – Apple Pie Tacos
Sandi Veazey shared her Apple Taco Salad recipe with us for our Carolina Eats Apple Recipes contest.
6 flour tortillas (4.5 inch in diameter)
1/3 cup melted salted butter
3/4 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers or graham crackers
1 tsp. ground cinnamon or your favorite apple pie spice mixture
20 oz. can of apple pie filling
1/4 cup heavy cream
whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for garnish
caramel sauce for garnish
your favorite apples, sliced
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
7 oz. jar of Marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab a muffin pan and turn it upside down to rest the flour tortilla on to form the taco shell.
- Put melted salted butter in a wide shallow dish. In a second dish, whisk the crumbs and spice together.
- Dip the tortilla in the melted butter then in the crumbs and spice mixture. Place on the muffin pan bottom to form into a taco shape. Repeat for the other tortillas.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat the apple pie filling on the stove until bubbly. Remove from heat and add the heavy cream to give it a more creamy texture.
- Remove the tortillas from the muffin pan and fill with apple mixture.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream then drizzle with caramel sauce. place on plate with sliced apples and a small bowl of caramel dip.
- To make the caramel dip, add cream cheese, peanut butter and spice to a small bowl and beat until well combined. Then fold in marshmallow fluff and enjoy!