Carolina Eats – Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls
Traci McConnell shared her Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls recipe with us for our Carolina Eats Apple Recipes contest.
3-4 cups apples, peeled and chopped (Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious work well)
1 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
4 egg roll wrappers
3 tbsp. powdered confectioner’s sugar
canola cooking spray
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, stir together the apples, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and 2 tsp. water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until the apples are tender, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat work surface with the corners set vertically (pointing up and down like a diamond shape). Moisten all edges of the wrapper with water. Spoon 1/4 of the hot filling horizontally across the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper to the center, over the filling. Fold in the sides of the wrapper and roll up to seal.
- Preheat air fryer, to 400°F. Line the bottom of the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Arrange the egg rolls in the basket, seam side down, and coat generously with cooking spray. Air-fry at 400°F until the tops are browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the egg rolls over, coat with cooking spray, and air-fry until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the egg rolls on a plate and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon & about a 1-2 tablespoons of water; drizzle this over the egg rolls and enjoy. Can also dust with powdered sugar. Makes 4 egg rolls