Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
This recipe was submitted by Mary Baugh of Mauldin, SC in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles. It’s a great dish to take to the game or dress up on Sunday dinner with salad and crusty bread.
Because this is a no-pre-boiled-noodle version or lasagna it is quick to make, walk away and get stuff done, then come back to it and pull it all together. Mary likes to Crock Pot her chicken during the day the assemble when she gets home.
8 Lasagna Noodles, uncooked. (wheat is OK if want to health it up)
1 lb. skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed (or cook in CrockPot on low all day)
3 cups crushed tomatoes or 3 cups spaghetti sauce (any brand, multi-cheese is a good option)
1 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce (had to be Franks. No substitute)
1 ½ cups water
15 oz low fat ricotta cheese
8 blue cheese (or more to taste)
Shredded mozzarella cheese (to taste, for the top layer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute and set aside.
- In a different mixing bowl, combine water, crushed tomatoes/spaghetti sauce, wing sauce and chicken.
- Spread approximately one cup of the sauce and chicken mixture across the bottom of the pan, and arrange four of the noodle over the sauce.
- Spread a layer of sauce over the noodles, and then spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture over the sauce (half of small bowl). You may need to swirl around into the tomato sauce mixture, and that’s OK!
- Add another layer of noodles. The rest of the sauce then ricotta.
- Optional, but delicious: add some shredded mozzarella over the top
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove dish from the oven, sprinkle blue cheese over the top.
- Optional: If you want some additional heat drizzle some more Franks on the top with the blue cheese
- Place back in the oven uncovered and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
View more main dishes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.