BLC Madness Sandwich
This bacon, lettuce and cheese sandwich recipe was submitted by Joanne Midyette of Tryon, NC, in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
8 pieces of sandwich bread
8 slices of cooked bacon
1 cup of your favorite pimento cheese
2 large leaves of lettuce
1 cup of Cheetos cheese puffs (crushed)
1/4 cup black olive paste
- Cut bread circles from each slice of bread using a hard plastic container, turned upside down (or a large cookie cutter).
- Spread half of the pimento cheese on 4 of the bread circles.
- Place a generous amount of leaf lettuce on top of each sandwich (over the pimento cheese).
- Cut the bacon slices in half and place 4 halves of bacon on each sandwich (crosswise)
- Place the 4 remaining bread circles on top of the 4 sandwiches and spread the remaining pimento cheese on top of them.
- Press the crushed Cheetos into the pimento cheese until totally covered.
- Spoon black olive paste into a small zip-lock bag and push into one corner of the bag.
- Snip the corner with scissors.
- Squeeze the olive paste across the top of each sandwich in a basketball design.
- Serve with your favorite chips and pickles.
Makes 4 servings.
View more main dish recipes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.