Big Al’s Smoked Bologna and Pimento Cheese Sliders
This recipe was submitted by Alan Hardy of Inman, SC in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
Big Al’s BBQ Rub
3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1.5 tablespoon paprika
1.5 tablespoon kosher salt
1.5 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 chub of bologna your preference
1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 jalapeño seeded and diced
1 4 ounce jar of drained pimentos
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare smoker for indirect heat with a stick of cherry wood keep temp at 250 degrees for 3 hours.
- While waiting on smoker to reach cooking temperature, remove bologna from wrapping scare in cross hatch pattern
- Rub thin layer of mustard on bologna and apply big Al’s BBQ rub generously on bologna to coated well placed on the smoker spritzing every hour with apple juice and glaze the last 30 minutes with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Make you pimento cheese and store In refrigerator while bologna is cooking.
- After 3 hours, remove bologna and let stand for 30 minutes and slice
- Place on you favorite slider bun and apply your pimento cheese spread and enjoy
View more main dish recipes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.