Bestselling author Nicholas Sparks to appear at Fiction Addiction in Greenville on Oct. 4
After several months of virtual book launches, Fiction Addiction in Greenville will host its first in-person-but-socially-distanced meet-and-greet on Sunday, October 4, featuring bestselling author Nicholas Sparks.
Sparks will appear at Fiction Addiction from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., signing copies of his new book, The Return. One of the world’s most beloved storytellers, Sparks is the author of 21 novels and two non-fiction books, all of which have been New York Times bestsellers.
“We are so grateful for Mr. Sparks’ longtime support of independent bookstores and were thrilled to learn that he was willing to do an in-person event despite COVID-19,” said Jill Hendrix, owner of Fiction Addiction and a Livin’ Upstate contributor. “This is a great shot in the arm during this difficult time.”
Tickets to the Oct. 4 event must be purchased in advance and no walk-ins will be admitted. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online until 10 a.m. on the day of the event.
Each ticket includes one pre-signed book (regular hardcover for $31.68, large print hardcover for $33.80, or CD audiobook for $44.40), an opportunity to speak briefly with Sparks at a 6-foot distance, and a downloadable professional photograph.
All city and state COVID guidelines for masks, hand sanitizer and social distancing will be followed to keep the author, attendees and bookstore staff safe, according to Hendrix. By purchasing a ticket, attendees agree that Fiction Addiction is not responsible for the health of those in attendance and that they are aware of the possible risk of contracting COVID-19 at the event.
Fiction Addiction has turned to virtual book launch events over the past several months as coronavirus sidelined in-person gatherings. While turnout has been less for virtual events, Fiction Addiction has been able to reach customers online who live outside the local area, according to Hendrix.
“The pandemic has forced us to try new things,” Hendrix said. “We’ve had success reaching a new audience with virtual events so we will continue to hold those in the future, in addition to in-person events.”
For those who have attended previous in-person events at Fiction Addiction, here are the major changes to be implemented for the Nicholas Sparks event:
- Sparks will not be signing books in front of customers. Pre-signed book(s) will be picked up at check-In, then attendees will enter the meet-and-greet line to get a professional photograph taken with Sparks.
- You will receive a group number with an approximate check-In time when tickets are purchased.
- Everyone who attends the event must have at least one ticket (which includes one book). If you would like additional books, simply purchase additional tickets.
- A cell phone number must be provided to receive texts regarding check-in.
- Check-In will be outside Fiction Addiction, with the line starting near Kid to Kid/Fried Green Tomatoes.
- Attendees must remain in their cars until receiving a text about their group check-in.
- No walk-ins. Tickets must be purchased prior to 10 a.m. on Sunday, October 4.
- No extra books will be sold at the event. If you know you want more books before ticket sales cut off, you must purchase additional tickets to guarantee signed books.
- Face coverings must be worn at al times, even while standing outside in line.
- No advance pick-up of books.
For more information on the Nicholas Sparks In-Person Socially Distanced Meet-and-Greet and to purchase tickets, go here.
Fiction Addiction, 1175 Woods Crossing Road, #2, Greenville, SC 29607, (864) 675-0540, email@example.com