Baby Back Ribs
This recipe was submitted by Philip Swain of Inman, SC in the Carolina Eats March Hoops Recipe Sweepstakes presented by Ingles.
Rack of pork back ribs
Seasoning Rub (Garlic Salt, Chili Powder, Coarse Black Pepper, Paprika)
4 Tsp Butter
2 Tsp Honey
1/2C BBQ sauce
- Heat charcoal grill or oven to 220F.
- Remove the membrane / silver skin from the bone side of the ribs.
- Generously coat both sides of rack with seasoning rub.
- Place ribs, bone side down, on indirect charcoal or in roasting pan in oven. (If using charcoal, place favorite smoking wood chips on coals).
- Cook for 1 hour. Remove rib rack and increase grill or oven temperature to 325F.
- Place rack of ribs, bone side down, on 2 layers of heavy duty foil, (enough to completely wrap)
- Place butter dollops on top of rack.
- Drizzle rack with honey.
- Coat with BBQ sauce.
- Tightly wrap with foil and return to grill or oven for approximately 90 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Unwrap and cut individual bones. Place on platter and drizzle with sauce and butter from drippings in foil.
View more main dish recipes from the Carolina Eats Cookbook.