Applications being accepted for Economic Visionaries 2020
Is your company making an award-winning impact on the Upstate?
Spartanburg Community College is now accepting applications for its 2020 Economic Visionaries awards honoring businesses, innovators and leaders in Spartanburg, Cherokee and Union counties. Established in 2017, the annual awards recognize four companies based on company size, innovative contributions and leadership in transforming the Upstate business community. Economic Visionaries 2020 will be held March 12 at the Spartanburg Marriott, with Dave Edwards, AAE, president and CEO of the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District, serving as the evening’s keynote speaker.
Economic Visionaries award applications will be accepted through January 31. To apply, companies are asked to email a document of three pages or less sharing examples of how the company is making a positive impact in these areas:
- Professional Development of Employees & Workforce
- Economic Investment in the Community
- Environmental Awareness & Initiatives
- Innovation (Vision)
Companies may apply online by clicking here.
Previous Economic Visionaries Winners
- 1 – 50 Employees: AWL Automation, LLC, Spartanburg
- 51 – 100 Employees: Lockhart Power Company, Lockhart
- 101 – 299 Employees: Polydeck, Spartanburg
- 300 or More Employees: Duke Energy
- 1 – 50 Employees: AFL, Duncan
- 51 – 100 Employees: Crow & Bulman Engineering, Inc., Spartanburg
- 101 – 299 Employees: Johnson Development Associates, Inc., Spartanburg
- 300 or More Employees: GSP Airport District, Greer
- 1 – 50 Employees: Broad River Electric Cooperative, Inc., Gaffney
- 51 – 100 Employees: Atchison Transportation Services, Spartanburg
- 101 – 299 Employees: The Timken Company, Tyger River Plant, Union
- 300 or More Employees: BMW Manufacturing, Inc., Greer
For more information on SCC’s Economic Visionaries 2020 celebration, contact Bea Walters Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 592-4448.