Allure Medical open for in-person, telehealth appointments
In light of recent executive orders regarding COVID-19, we would like to update you on Allure Medical’s operation status, our new safety protocols and the treatment of our patients.
Healthcare and public health facilities are deemed essential businesses meaning that offices like Allure Medical can, but more importantly, should remain open to serve the public during this crucial time.
We are staying open and continuing to treat patients in order to prevent more unnecessary hospitalizations nationwide. At a time like this, our nation cannot handle the burden on our hospital systems, ER doctors and nurses when they are already at capacity and overloaded.
Allure Medical taking additional safety measures
Allure Medical has made all necessary adjustments to our daily operations going above and beyond the CDC’s guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have also taken additional actions to make it safe and easy for our patients to receive the care they need and deserve.
- First, we have paused performing any non-essential elective services until further notice. This includes cosmetic treatments and surgeries.
- We have continued our efforts to ensure our offices meet the highest standard of cleanliness during this time of heightened precaution. This includes the strict hourly cleaning of patient rooms and surfaces with medical-grade disinfectant, including elevator buttons, iPads, check-in kiosks, counters, tables and restrooms.
- Before visiting our offices, all patients are asked a series of questions over the phone to determine if they exhibit any symptoms related to COVID-19. If they do, we do not schedule their in-office appointment until they are asymptomatic.
- We are performing mandatory wellness screenings that include a temperature reading to detect any fevers before patients enter our medical offices.
- This wellness screening does not end with our patients. All medical staff members are required to be screened daily for fever, cough and other symptoms, travel and possible exposure to COVID-19 before they’re allowed to serve patients each and every day.
- We are offering special senior hours for our patients 65 and up to be seen during a designated time when less people are coming into our office.
For patients experiencing debilitating leg symptoms
For patients with vein disease such as chronic pain, excessive swelling, discoloration or open wounds, our free telehealth leg screening is the perfect option.
Patients can speak to one of our health professionals over the phone about their leg and vein concerns and we will help determine if immediate treatment is needed.
For our patients currently or recently in treatment for their vein disease it is imperative that they discuss their options with one of our providers before delaying future treatment as prescribed.
Delaying treatment can lead to major health complications, such as cellulitis or serious blood clots, including DVTs. The best way to reduce our patients’ risk of hospitalization and exposure to COVID-19 is to check their treated veins and finish prescribed procedures.
Our dermatology professionals are available to take your calls right away. Our team can diagnose and treat over 3,000 skin conditions during a simple video chat. The sooner we address any skin infections, rashes or sores, the sooner we prevent any ER visits for dermatological skin conditions.
During this global crisis, it Allure Medical’s duty to protect our most vulnerable, continue to provide the best patient treatment and keep our healthcare system intact.
About Allure Medical
In 2003, Dr. Charles Mok founded Allure Medical to focus his mission on helping patients with disease prevention. Allure is a leader in elective cosmetic medical and surgical treatments, as well as treating vein disease, providing stem cell treatments and hormone replacement therapy. Allure Medical operates the following Upstate locations: 803 North Fant Street, #2A, Anderson, SC 29621; 369 Halton Road, Greenville, SC 29607; 112B Hospital Drive, Simpsonville, SC 29681; 1650 Skylyn Drive, Suite 340, Spartanburg, SC 29307.